Ever feel like you worry too much? Maybe have panic attacks at work, home, at parties, and everywhere in between? Do you feel weighed down by everyday overwhelm? Everyone deals with stress and anxiety in their lives, but sometimes it can get out of control and greatly affect the quality of your life. In this article, we will offer up many tips and tricks to deal with the dreaded stress and anxiety. And we will talk about why people are turning to CBD to support and soothe general anxiety, social anxiety, and work stress along with other practices. Let’s get you back living more stress free days. Only blue skies ahead
Natural Ways to Reduce Stress
Oftentimes when you see a doctor for high-stress levels, he or she will prescribe sedatives (tranquilizers, hypnotics, anxiolytics), antidepressants, and beta-blockers to help you cope. However, many medications prescribed for stress relief are also addictive and may cause negative long term effects. You may experience serious behavioral and health problems as a result of your prescription. While there are significant times a doctor experienced psychiatrist may prescribe you these medications it's also important to know the benefits and the risks.
Natural, plant powered alternatives that work synergistically with your body can be great for stress relief. Alternative products generally have minimal side effects and do not impose dangerous, life-threatening addictions. And modifying your behaviors by taking on new, healthy habits and routines can lead you to a calmer, happier life.
CBD for Stress
One of the best natural products for stress is cannabidiol (CBD). CBD can be found in a few plants but in its highest concentration the non intoxicating hemp plant. After you take a dose of CBD, you may find your stressors are more manageable and your behavior less reactive. This allows you to look at things through a calmer perspective, which makes it easier to solve issues.
If you find yourself weighed down by life’s many demands, try Juna’s daily Balance or Ease tinctures alongside some of these other stress relievers that can help you in the grip of anxiety.
“Juna was recommended to me by my doctor. I can get so overwhelmed by work that I feel frozen. She said that I should try the Juna Balance. It helps me settle and be able to take on my tasks for the day without feeling overwhelmed. I recommend it to everyone!” - Abigail R.
8 Stress Relievers That Can Help You Manage Your Anxiety
1. Exercise: People who exercise are less likely to experience anxiety. It can lower stress hormones in your body like cortisol, improve your sleep, and give you confidence. Walking and jogging are particularly effective because they involve the repetitive movements of large muscle groups.
2. Journalling: Writing your thoughts down can help the endless ruminating that sometimes occurs with anxiety and you can look at things more objectively. Additionally, if you write down things that you are grateful for, this can contribute to a more positive mindset and increased sense of well-being.
3. Hanging out with loved ones: Being with friends and family gives you a sense of belonging and self-worth, which can help when times are tough. Oxytocin, a natural stress reliever, is released when hanging out with friends.
4. Laughing: Laughing relieves your stress response and reduces muscle tension. Watch your favorite stand-up comedy, pass on your favorite meme, or ponder the wonderfully humorous absurdities of life.
5. Yoga: Whether participating in a class or a Youtube video, doing yoga can lead to increased breath and body awareness. It may help lower blood pressure and stress hormone levels.
6. Mindfulness/Meditation: Mindfulness refers to the act of being in the present moment. This can be done through mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, mindfulness-based stress reduction, yoga, and meditation. Being fully present in the moment can help you to stop the past and future thinking that spurs anxiety, allowing you to be calm and get more out of life.
7. Sex: Cuddling, kissing, hugging, and sex can release oxytocin and lower pressure, thus lowering stress levels. So light some candles and get it on!
8. Listen to music: Listening to calming music can help lower stress, especially slow-paced classical, Celtic, Native American, and Indian music. Nature sounds are also a soothing soundtrack. If you don’t like any of these, try your favorite music. Put your headphones on, lay back, and relax.
CBD and Anxiety
Studies show CBD may help relieve stress alongside these other great practices, but it may also help to reduce anxiety. A few studies suggest that CBD can mimic serotonin levels in your brain. Serotonin is a chemical that influences mood, sleep, digestion, and behavior. It is said that a serotonin boost can help treat anxiety and depression.
A study conducted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) showed reduced stress levels of rats when CBD was administered. The test subjects had lower behavioral signs of anxiety. Increased heart rate and other physiological symptoms improved.
Although research has shown many positive results in the treatment of CBD for anxiety, more testing is needed. If you have anxiety, it is a good idea to start with a reduction of what is making you anxious. Alongside plant- powered treatment, find the root of your issues and work on reducing anxiety. This will make it much more manageable.
5 Simple Ways to Reduce Anxiety
1. Eat healthy, well-balanced meals: Implement whole fiber-rich grains, fruits, vegetables, and fish to maintain a healthy balance. Do not skip meals and drink plenty of water.
2. Limit alcohol and caffeine: These can increase anxiety and trigger panic attacks. This one is tough but so rewarding. If you do desire caffeine, drink green tea with CBD. These act synergistically to boost your serotonin and calm the nerves.
3. Get your Z’s: When stressed, your body needs more rest to recharge itself. Make sure you are getting a full 7 to 9 hours of sleep a night and reach Stage 3 sleep. This is the restorative, deep and antiaging phase, helping you wake up refreshed and renewed. Try using Juna’s Nightcap drops to ease into a more restful and regenerative sleep.
4. Accept what you can’t control: Oftentimes we are anxious about things that we cannot change. Worrying about something that will happen anyway is wasted energy. Learn to let go, and instead focus that energy on something that you can control, and take action.
5. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones: Shift a catastrophizing mind to a grateful one. Although things don’t always go our way, there is always something to be happy about if you look hard enough. If negative thoughts are hard to let go of, try to look at them in a humorous light. The seriousness of the thought will lose its grip and you can gain your power back.
CBD and Social Anxiety
If the thought of parties, group interaction, concerts, and crowds of people makes you break into a cold sweat, you may have social anxiety. CBD could be helpful for general anxiety, but some people love using it for social anxiety. “Since using Juna’s Balance drops daily, I find it has totally helped with my social anxiety. I am more comfortable around other people and feel like I can actually enjoy the moment verses feeling anxious and frozen.” - Cameron L.
CBD and social anxiety were the basis of a few studies, one in 2011. Participants in the study took a dose of either 400 mg of CBD or a placebo. The ones who had taken CBD have reduced anxiety overall.
So the next time you have an event, take a dose of your favorite Juna CBD oil and follow these simple techniques to manage the stress and anxiety of the situation.
5 Ways to Manage Stress and Anxiety
1. Take deep breaths. Inhale and exhale slowly. You will find that focusing on your breathing will ground you more in the moment instead of in your racing thoughts.
2. Count to 10. This is another good grounding technique. Count to 10 slowly, repeat, or count to 20. If you find yourself losing track, start over. Continue till you start to feel better.
3. Take a time-out. If the stress of a situation is too much, take a break. Get some fresh air or take a walk if you can. This allows you to step back from the problem by clearing your head.
4. Talk to someone. Find a friend or family member you are comfortable with and talk to them. If you are feeling overwhelmed, tell them and let them know how they can help.
5. Identify your triggers. If you are in a stressful situation, try to find exactly what about it is making you anxious. Perhaps there is a deeper issue that you aren’t addressing. Try to find the root of the problem and see if you can find a way to deal with it.
How to Help with Work Anxiety
If work is your main source of anxiety, you are not alone. Many people struggle with increasing demands at work, which adds more pressure and can produce catastrophic results. The effects of workplace anxiety can not manifest as tension in our bodies, but also in the work we produce.
Rubbing CBD body oil on a painful stress headache, or slipping a few drops into your morning matcha or coffee can do wonders on your work performance. “Before CBD I used to be so stressed before work meetings that it would make me a total scatterbrain. Juna allows me to stay calm in the pressure of a big presentation, and to maintain a clear, focused mind as I breeze through my monthly reporting calls. I keep it next to my laptop and use it everyday!” - Brooke A.
With CBD nestled in your desk drawer, your co-workers will be scratching their heads wondering what’s your secret. Pair this with these tips for managing work stress, and you’ll find yourself looking forward to the challenges of the daily grind.
5 Ways to Manage Stress at Work
1. Set honest deadlines. Oftentimes anxious people will agree to deadlines that they know are not possible. It is better to be upfront than having to apologize later for missing your deadline. More often than not, your boss will work with you to set an honest deadline that you will have no problem crushing. And you’ll do so much more calmly, and grounded.
2. Focus on the facts. Sometimes at work, we are pulled in many directions and can leave us feeling overloaded, under-appreciated, and misunderstood. We may start to tell ourselves stories about why things are the way they are. This can trigger more anxiety as well as negative thinking. Try to verbalize what causes your anxiety to co-workers or your boss, and look for a solution. Be objective about your stance, and avoid complaining or bring up past grievances. Do not blame or criticize others, simply share how you are experiencing the situation. Most of the time, these kinds of discussions end with a rational solution that is good for everyone.
3. Build solid relationships. Having a good relationship with your co-workers and boss will help you feel more at ease in your work environment. Get to know everyone’s names and begin to build a relationship with them. This is much more valuable than gossiping or venting to others. Knowing you can depend on them for support will allow you to do your job more confidently and with less anxiety and worry. It will also make it easy for you to ask for help when you need it. A good team is built on trust.
4. Improve communication. Communication is what can make or break a business. If you aren’t feeling 100% sure about something, tell your co-workers. If you have the urge to avoid a situation by not dealing with it, you may cause an issue that will be unfixable. Stay in contact with others, and communicate, even if what you have to say may make you look bad. Knowing each other’s difficulties will allow your teammates to fill in the cracks, allowing for a seamless result. It takes a village.
5. Make stress your friend. If you think of stress as the enemy, you will run from it, adding to the stress. If you look at stress as a helpful thing that allows you to learn and grow. When you face it head-on, you are sizing up the issue. And only by fully knowing and understanding your problems can you move past them.
Pre-Meeting & Interview Anxiety
The anxiety of an important job interview can make anyone’s heart race. It seems like everything is on the line for that good impression. Oftentimes this anxiety that we feel is expressed outwardly and is immediately sensed by our interviewers.
Set yourself up for success by getting enough rest the night before, eat a light meal, and skip the caffeine. Visualize the interview going well. With your resume in hand and well dressed, drop some CBD oil as you confidently walk in. Focus on being fully present with your interviewer, contemplating the questions slowly, and answering honestly and openly. If you find yourself fidgeting, direct your attention to your toes and wiggle them indiscreetly. This will redirect some of that obvious nervous energy.
Smile as you walk out the doors, congratulating yourself on doing something difficult. Reward yourself with a bubble bath or at home facial, and do not worry about the phone ringing or not. Once you have finished the interview, there is no need to worry about the result (but we are crossing our fingers for you).
CBD and Mood
As we’ve established earlier, CBD could affect serotonin. Serotonin is said to enhance mood and fight depression. CBD may affect the way the receptors in the brain respond to the serotonin that is already present which in turn may boost mood. Here are a few ways to get you in a good mood:
1. Get out in nature. Getting outside and into your favorite expanse of nature, you are likely to gain perspective and feel more grounded. As a result, your stress levels plummet and you feel calm. Being outside is also a great way to produce Vitamin D which can improve mood.
2. Hang out with your best friend. Studies show that social support is vital to psychological health. Spending time with your best gal pal can help boost confidence, give you a source for accountability, and just make you feel better. Find a way to laugh together and you will feel your happiness and well-being shoot through the roof.
3. Chocolate. Enough said.
Top Mood Boosters
Along with these good mood habits, try some products that will lift your spirits. Here are some of our favorite products for a good mood:
- I’m Fine Socks: These comfy socks will get you feeling fine in no time.
Don’t Be Weighed Down by Your Worries
Life is tough, but it doesn’t have to be so hard. Give yourself a break with Juna’s CBD oil. And along with developing good habits, a healthy routine, and spending time with people you love, you can be free of stress and anxiety. Your life doesn’t have to be weighed down by your worries.
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only. It is not provided to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or ailment. It should not be interpreted as instruction or medical advice to displace the advice of your doctor or other medical professionals. We recommend talking to your doctor to prepare a treatment plan for any diseases or ailments.