Supplements to boost metabolism
Have you heard about the benefits of supplements to boost metabolism, balance blood glucose levels and sustain energy? Given that our energy is supplied by the food we eat, we believe that optimizing digestion with full-spectrum digestive enzymes and plants that detoxify and cleanse the body are the best overall supplements to boost metabolism.
Why is healthy metabolism important?
Metabolism is the process through which our bodies convert food into energy. It is a complex system that involves many biochemical reactions and is essential for the proper functioning of our body. As we age, with stress and an unbalanced diet our metabolism slows down, which can contribute to a number of health issues so it's important to understand the link between metabolism and digestion.
Firstly, let's understand what metabolism is and how it works. Metabolism is a series of chemical reactions that occur in our body to sustain life. It is a process by which our body converts food into energy, which is then used to power our bodily functions such as breathing, digestion, and circulation. Our metabolism is influenced by a number of factors including age, genetics, and lifestyle.
As we age, our metabolism slows down, and this can have a number of effects on our body. One of the most noticeable effects are weight gain and lack of energy. This is because when our metabolism slows down, we burn fewer calories, and this can lead to an accumulation of excess fat. This can, in turn, lead to a number of health issues such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes. Maintaining a healthy metabolism is crucial for longevity. A healthy metabolism ensures that our body is able to function at its optimal level.
So, how can we maintain a healthy metabolism?
Supplements like Juna's digestive enzymes are key to boosting metabolism for healthy weight management, preventing bloat and gas, optimizing elimination, nutrient absorption ( think great skin and hair) and sustaining energy.
A study published in the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology in 2019 found that a digestive enzyme supplement containing protease, amylase, and lipase all in Juna’s Deox enzymes improved gut microbiota and reduced inflammation in healthy adults. The study concluded that digestive enzyme supplementation may be an effective strategy for improving gut health and reducing inflammation - contributing to feeling better after eating.
Another study published in the Journal of Medicinal Food in 2019 found that a digestive enzyme supplement containing protease, amylase, and lipase improved immune function in healthy adults. The study suggested that digestive enzyme supplementation may help support a healthy immune system, which in turn can help support a healthy metabolism (2).
The top 3 digestive enzymes for metabolism healthy weight management are:
Lipase: Lipase supplements for weight loss may be useful, as lipase can help to increase the amount of fat that your body metabolizes.
Lactase: Some feel that lactose intolerance may lead to weight gain. Therefore, a lactase enzyme could offer beneficial results.
Bromelain: Bromelain weight loss supplements are known for their anti-inflammatory properties, and they may help to reduce belly fat.
Juna’s Detox enzymes are plant enhanced with metabolism-regulating bitter melon and bitter orange. The full spectrum of enzymes covers starches (amylase), proteins (protease), and fats (lipase). What we love is that these enzymes are 100% vegetarian.
What exactly are digestive enzymes and why is this a preferred supplement to boost metabolism?
These amazing enzymes are actually naturally produced by our bodies to help break down the food we eat and ultimately speed up our metabolism but most of us could use a little extra support to optimize our digestion, absorption of nutrients, and elimination. This is where supplements with digestive enzymes can come in!! Not only can digestive enzymes help reduce bloating and gas, but they can also boost our metabolism and support healthy elimination and weight management.
Bitter melon (also known as bitter gourd) and bitter orange are two plants that have been traditionally used in various cultures for their potential health benefits, including their effects on metabolism.
Bitter melon contains compounds called charantin and momordicin, which have been shown to have hypoglycemic (blood sugar-lowering) effects. This makes it potentially useful for managing diabetes and improving insulin sensitivity, which is important for a healthy metabolism. Bitter melon may also improve lipid metabolism, as it has been shown to reduce triglycerides and total cholesterol levels in animal studies
Bitter orange contains a compound called synephrine, which has been found to increase metabolic rate and energy expenditure. This means it may help with weight loss and fat burning. Bitter orange has also been shown to have potential anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, which can support overall metabolic health.
According to an article published by Harvard Health Publishing, digestive enzymes can help improve digestion and nutrient absorption, which can in turn support weight loss. The article suggests that supplementing with digestive enzymes may be especially helpful for those who have difficulty digesting certain foods. (source: https://www.health.harvard.edu/nutrition/understanding-the-health-benefits-of-taking-probiotics
- In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial involving 40 participants with type 2 diabetes, bitter melon was found to significantly reduce fasting blood glucose levels compared to the placebo group (Phytotherapy Research, 2014).
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of 10 randomized controlled trials found that bitter melon supplementation significantly reduced fasting blood glucose levels in people with diabetes (Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2019).
- In a study on rats with high-fat diet-induced obesity, bitter melon was found to significantly reduce body weight, blood glucose levels, and serum insulin levels (Food Science & Nutrition, 2019).
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial involving 20 healthy adults found that bitter orange extract increased metabolic rate and energy expenditure compared to the placebo group (International Journal of Medical Sciences, 2012).
- In a study on rats with high-fat diet-induced obesity, bitter oranges were found to reduce body weight gain, improve glucose tolerance, and decrease inflammation (International Journal of Obesity, 2013).
- A review of the literature on bitter oranges and weight loss found that while some studies have reported positive effects on body weight, more research is needed to fully understand its potential benefits and risks (Nutrients, 2019).
It's important to note that while bitter melon and bitter orange may have potential benefits for metabolism, they should be used with caution and under the guidance of a healthcare professional, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medication.
Here are some other tips to improving metabolism:
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise is one of the most effective ways to boost your metabolism. This is because exercise helps to build muscle, and muscle burns more calories than fat. Regular exercise can also help to reduce the risk of developing a number of health issues.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: A balanced diet is essential for maintaining a healthy metabolism. Ensure that you are eating a diet that is rich in whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. Avoid processed foods, sugary drinks, and foods that are high in saturated fat.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is essential for maintaining a healthy metabolism. Water helps to keep our body hydrated, which can help to boost our metabolism and improve our overall health.
Get Enough Sleep: Getting enough sleep is important for maintaining a healthy metabolism. Lack of sleep can lead to a number of health issues, including weight gain and a slower metabolism. Juna's sugar free sleep gummies optimize stage 3 (deep sleep), melatonin production and healthy cortisol levels.
So, if you're looking to improve your digestion, optimize your metabolism, and support your weight loss goals, consider adding a supplement like Juna’s Detox Enzymes with bitter orange and bitter melon to your daily routine.
Overall, these studies and articles suggest that digestive enzymes can play an important role in supporting weight loss and overall digestive health. By improving digestion and nutrient absorption, reducing digestive issues, and supporting healthy metabolism, digestive enzymes can be a valuable addition to a healthy diet and lifestyle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.