Flat Stomach Goals: 8 Steps & Top Supplements For Debloat
Did I ever have a Gisele Bündchen flat stomach? No, but ever since having my second child, I’ve been dead set on trying to feel like myself again. I’m incredibly grateful for my children and I know that it’s a blessing to be able to have children but damn, things are just not the same! The mix of hormones changing, bloat, and my stomach being stretched to the limits had its impact on me. For the last 6 months, I’ve been focused on the best ways to reduce bloat, improve digestion (aka regularity), and ultimately getting back to feeling like myself again.
In addition to using Juna Detox Drops, there are some other helpful factors that I have found beneficial for my journey to a flatter abdomen. These include staying hydrated, eating a balanced diet (of REAL food) with plenty of fiber and protein, and engaging in regular physical activity.
If getting a flat stomach is your goal, then there are some great supplements and lifestyle shifts to make it happen!
Here are my top tips to help you get a flatter abdomen:1. Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of water is essential for good digestion and helps to flush out toxins. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. To level up your hydration, try adding Detox Drops to your water (first thing in the morning) since they are a delicious and convenient way to support healthy digestion and detoxification. Made with a blend of chlorophyll, lemon, and mint, these drops are not only good for you, but they also taste great. The benefits of incorporating chlorophyll into your diet are numerous, from reducing inflammation and supporting a healthy gut microbiome to improving digestion and reducing unpleasant odors. So, not only are you taking care of your body when you use Juna’s Detox Drops, but you're also treating your taste buds to a treat. Talk about double duty!
2. Eat a balanced diet: Incorporate fiber-rich foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and protein-rich foods, such as lean meats, poultry, fish, and legumes, into your diet. This will help you feel fuller for longer and reduce your overall calorie intake. One thing I highly recommend is adding chia seeds into your diet. I love making overnight chia pudding (This pumpkin recipe is a go-to) or else recommend the Mamma Chia pouches for on the go convenience! Their organic chia seeds are infused with vibrant fruits and fiber-rich prebiotics to create a convenient, gut-friendly snack that supports hydration and digestive balance.
3. Avoid processed foods: Duh! Processed foods are often high in sugar, salt, and unhealthy fats, which can lead to weight gain and bloating. Try to stick to eating and preparing your meals at home as much as possible so you know everything that is going into your body. Even when you think that you are ordering a “healthy meal” out, it’s oftentimes loaded with processed and fatty ingredients and/or oils.
4. Engage in regular physical activity: I know it can be hard to find the time but add it to your calendar and make it happen! Regular physical activity is crucial for weight management and can help tone your abdominal muscles. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise, such as brisk walking, every day. I also recommend the Nike training app to any and everyone who will listen. It’s free and they have some amazing workouts from 5 minutes long to 30+ so you can start easy and then work your way up to the longer workouts. Yes, FREE! Another amazing workout on-the-go option is M/Body by Marnie Alton. Her classes are next-level amazing and always put me in a great mood. Level up your workout by adding these cute ankle weights.
5. Sleep: Getting enough sleep is SOOO important for overall health, including weight management. Aim for 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night. Have trouble sleeping? No, don’t turn to melatonin or ambien since they can mess with your hormones! Opt for an all natural, plant-powered sleep solution like Juna’s Nightcap Sleep Gummies. These superhero gummies are designed to help people fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. They contain a blend of natural ingredients, including Passionflower, Magnesium Blend, Phytomelatonin (from St. John’s Wort), Chamomile Extract, and l-tryptophan which work together to promote relaxation and reduce stress. The gummies are also gluten-free, non-GMO, and non-habit forming.
6. Stress Management: Ugh, who doesn’t have stress these days? Did you know that stress can lead to weight gain and bloating? Another important reason to find ways to manage the stress in your life, such as through mindfulness practices, exercise, therapy, and/or natural supplements that can help.
7. Intermittent Fasting: There are several different types of intermittent fasting, including the 16/8 method, where you fast for 16 hours and eat within an 8-hour window. I try not to consume any calories between 7:30pm and 11:30am. I typically can’t make it past 10am but I try! It helps to drink my large Detox water first thing in the morning to help me feel more full and the hardest part has been not adding cream or milk to my morning coffee. Black coffee is still ok as it doesn’t break your fast. Intermittent fasting has been shown to help women lose weight and reduce belly fat. Although it’s not for everyone, it can also improve metabolism, lower inflammation, and reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
8. Supplements and functional foods: Natural supplementation can help support your flat stomach goals as well. I added these supplements into my routine:
- Detox Drops: To improve my digestion and help with my hydration / water intake. Juna Detox Drops contain a blend of natural ingredients that can help support weight management and a healthy gut.
- Magnesium Powder or Capsules: Magnesium is great for sleep and I found it helpful for reducing some of my pms related and water retention. Studies also show magnesium may be helpful for regulating blood sugar and insulin levels in people who are overweight or obese.
- Nightcap Sleep Gummies: To help increase level 3 deep sleep, lower stress levels, and optimize recovery.
- Digestive Enzymes: to help breakdown foods and aid with my digestion.
- Chia Seeds: High in fiber, protein, omegas, and great for hydration.
- Ease Drops: to help manage stress levels.
Remember, a flat stomach is not just about aesthetics, but also about overall health and wellness. Incorporating these tips into your lifestyle can help you achieve your goal while also improving your overall health.