Mold is a common problem in homes, apartment buildings, and even commercial spaces… especially if they are older or have ever experienced pipe or water damage. Exposure to mold can have serious health consequences, prolonged inflammatory issues, and impacts on your immunity. It's important to be able to spot the signs of toxic mold exposure so you can detox from mold exposure as fast as possible.
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in damp, humid conditions, and it can release spores that can cause respiratory problems, allergies, and other health issues. In this article, we will discuss mold exposure symptoms, how to detox from mold exposure, and how Juna's detox collection can help.
Mold Exposure Symptoms
Mold exposure can cause a wide range of symptoms, which can vary depending on the individual and the severity of the exposure. Some of the most common symptoms of mold exposure include:
- Respiratory problems: Mold spores can cause irritation and inflammation in the respiratory system, which can lead to coughing, wheezing, and difficulty breathing.
- Allergic reactions: Mold spores can trigger allergic reactions, which can cause symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, and skin rashes.
- Headaches: Exposure to mold can also cause headaches, which can be mild or severe.
- Fatigue: Mold exposure can make you feel tired and sluggish, even if you have had enough sleep.
- Mood changes: Some people may experience mood changes such as anxiety, depression, or irritability after being exposed to mold.
- Digestive problems: Mold exposure can also cause digestive problems such as diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
- Joint pain: Mold exposure has been linked to joint pain and stiffness, which can be a symptom of chronic inflammation.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention immediately and to remove yourself from the place of exposure. Mold exposure can be serious, especially for people with weakened immune systems or pre-existing respiratory conditions. If you are renting, some state laws are designed to protect tenants from the dangers of mold. If your landlord does not comply, then you can seek legal action against them. Check your state laws for more clarity.
How to Detox from Mold Exposure
If you suspect that you have been exposed to mold, there are several steps you can take to detox your body and reduce your symptoms.
- Identify and remove the source of the mold: The first step in detoxing from mold exposure is to identify and remove the source of the mold. This may involve fixing leaks, improving ventilation, and cleaning or replacing moldy surfaces.
- Support your immune system: Mold exposure can weaken your immune system, so it is important to support your immune system with a healthy diet, regular exercise, plant-powered supplements to decrease inflammation, and adequate rest.
Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of Detox water can help flush toxins from your system and reduce inflammation.
Use natural detoxifiers: There are several natural detoxifiers that can help eliminate toxins from your body, including activated charcoal, bentonite clay, and Juna’s Detox Drops.
Consider supplements: Plant-powered detox and sleep supplements such as Juna’s Nightcap gummies, The Detox Collection, specifically detox digestive enzymes containing spore based probiotics to help build immunity. With 70% of your immune system generating in your gut, digestive health is paramount. vitamin C, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids can help support your immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Seek professional help: If your symptoms are severe or persistent, it is important to seek professional help from a healthcare provider who is experienced in treating mold exposure.
Juna's Detox Collection
Juna's Detox Collection is a line of supplements that are designed to help support detoxification, aid in eliminating toxins, improve digestion/nutrient absorption, reduce inflammation, boost immunity and communicate with the gut-brain axis. These supplements are formulated with natural, plant-powered ingredients which have been shown to have detoxifying properties.
Here are some of the key ingredients in Juna's Detox Collection and their benefits:
- Chlorophyll: activates the liver to promote detoxification against the accumulation of pollutants in the body, such as dioxins and plastics. It also has the ability to bind to heavy metals and promote elimination.
- Slippery elm: acts as a mild diuretic, helping to flush out toxins from the body.
- Dandelion root: works to detoxify liver, gallbladder and improve kidney function.
- Bitter melon: also known as bitter gourd is known for its liver cleansing and detoxification properties.
- Fennel: contains high levels of selenium; known for its ability to trigger detoxification in the liver and works as a diuretic to support a healthy urinary tract.
- Peppermint: It increases bile production in the liver to optimize detoxification and regulate digestion by moving gas through the body to release feelings of bloating.
- Diseseb PB: A complex (vegetarian) blend of digestive enzymes and spore-based probiotics to naturally support healthy digestion, relieve digestive discomfort and improve immunity.
The healing power of chlorophyll- a guide to detoxification.